The healing and cleansing benefits of Palo Santo
Palo santo is one of the most fragrant woods in the world. Its sweet scent of pine, mint, and lemon has, for centuries, been a harbinger of healing and abundance. Shamans, saints, and those seeking a stronger spiritual connection with the world use palo santo to protect, experience, and heal. We thought we'd some some of the benefits and a couple of rituals to incorporate into your day to clear stagnant and dense energy.
THE BENEFITS OF PALO SANTO
1. Spiritual purifying and energy cleansing.
2. Inspires creativity and brings love and good fortune.
3. Reduces stress and anxiety, and enhances clarity and concentration.
4. Brings a deeper connection to the divine source.
5. Physical healing.
6. Energetic protection and the removal of negativity.
7. Vibrational cleansing and renewal for crystals.
8. Calms the mind and mental ailments.
9. Wards off unwelcome insects in the summer months.
10. Relief of common colds and flu.
HOW TO CLEANSE YOUR HOME WITH PALO SANTO
- Take one stick and light it with a candle, match or lighter.
- Allow the Palo Santo stick to burn for 30 seconds to a minute, then carefully blow it out.
- Move around the space in which you wish to clear the energy - be it your bedroom, office, car or your entire home - allowing the smoke to waft around each area.
- As you take the Palo Santo stick into the corners of each room or space you are cleansing.
- A rich smell will fill the air, bringing peace and clarity to the moment.
- Once you feel you have cleansed your space, place the Palo Santo stick in a fireproof bowl and allow the embers to burn out.
A MORNING MEDITATION WITH PALO SANTO
- Arise in the morning with intention.
- Light candles, open the window and allow the sun and fresh air in.
- Light a stick of Palo Santo and allow it to burn for 30 seconds to 1 minute, before carefully blowing it out.
- Place the Palo Santo in a fireproof bowl.
- Sit quietly for 10 - 15 minutes and focus on your intentions for the day, holding gratitude and thanks in your heart.
- Visualised old stagnant energy and emotions flowing out of the window along with the smoke.
- Stretch your arms, legs, hands, feet, neck and back.
- Start your day feeling refreshed and positive!
Remember to always exercise care and caution when working with fire.
Our Palo Santo comes certified from our supplier in Peru to state that our Palo Santo is naturally, ethically, respectfully and sustainably sourced by only collecting pieces from naturally fallen trees that may of fallen down in storms, winds, from old age, or from animals damaging them.