As the Australian summer unfolds, there's nothing quite like indulging in the sweet nectar of locally-sourced peaches. Today, we're delighted to share a recipe that captures the essence of the season – our Homemade Peach Iced Tea paired perfectly with our glass straws.
Ingredients and Preparation:
4 tsp loose black tea or 4 black teabags
3 Medjool dates, pitted
7 Peaches, yellow or white
- 1 Lemon
- Simmer 3-4 cups of water with chopped peaches in a saucepan on medium heat for approx. 15 minutes.
- Use a wooden spoon to crush the peaches and allow them to infuse into the water as much as possible while the liquid cools.
- Once cool enough strain the liquid into your vessel of choice.
- Meanwhile, steep black tea bags in 3 cups of boiling water along with medjool dates for added sweetness for the recommend tea brewing time.
- Once the tea has cooled, remove dates and combine it with the peach liquid.
- Add some lemon juice or slices for a hint of citrus, and transfer the mixture to a jug.
Serve the peach iced tea over ice with fresh peach slices for a refreshing and nourishing summer beverage adorned with a sprig of fresh mint, a splash of sparkling water, or a squeeze of lemon.