The benefits of both a rose roller and gua sha:
- Tones and plumps skin by boosting circulation and blood flow
- Great anti-aging habit to boost skin’s texture and prevent fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves the function of skin from the inside out
- Promotes lymphatic drainage
- A daily meditation
- Soothing and activates energy throughout the face and flow of skin
- Pushes toxic fluids out for detoxifying results
The benefits of Face Rollers:
- Gentle making it a more soothing ritual
- Easy to use
- Convenient and quick
- Great for de-puffing around the eyes and brows
- Use upward and outward strokes
- Reduces inflammation
Ideal for: quick soothing and calming results
The benefits of Gua Sha:
- Penetrates deeper and focuses on different angles of the face
- Best for sculpting and contouring the face
- Can make more of a difference when working with deep-set wrinkles
- Takes more time compared to rolling but will give more visible results
- Releases muscle tension and help with issues such as TMJ
Ideal for: long-term sculpting results - Our favourite tutorials for all things gua sha, anti-aging and beauty are by @stephflockhart
How to use:
Using these tools is very simple and here are a few tips on how to get the most out of your routine.
TIP 1. Place your tool in the fridge or freezer before using. The coolness of the stone tightens pores and has even more of a de-puffing and soothing effect.
TIP 2. Apply serum or moisturizer for the roller/ gua sha tool to seamlessly glide along the skin.
TIP 3. Start from the center of the chin, roll/glide outwards and upwards around jawline in sweeping motions to stimulate lymphatic drainage and boost circulation. Do this on each section of the face for an instant ‘lift’ effect.
TIP 4. Assess which parts of the face need more attention and give each section the amount it needs. For instance, if you wake up in the morning and your eyes and cheeks are feeling swollen and puffy, give those areas a little extra love by rolling and gliding as many times as needed. The result should be stimulated skin, ready to take on the day (or night).