Why we love the Gua Sha Massage Tool
What is Gua Sha?
Gua Sha (pronounced “gwa sha”) is a Chinese medicinal tradition that has been used in Asian beauty routines and treatments for thousands of years.
Unlike applying facial cream on top of your skin, using a Gua Sha works to activate your skin from within. It stimulates the dermis to relieve muscle tension, increase blood and lymphatic flow and support collagen production resulting in a brighter, healthier and more radiant complexion.
Studies on this self-massage technique have shown to drastically increase blood circulation by up to four times.
Benefits of Gua Sha
- Boosts blood circulation
- Relaxes muscle tension
- Aids lymphatic drainage
- Helps break up fascia (the connective tissue that hugs muscles and can interfere with circulation)
- Opens sinuses - Heavenly relief during hay fever season
- Plumps skin to give a radiant glow
How to use a Gua Sha Massage Tool
- After cleansing, gently apply face oil or serum and begin using the Gua Sha in a sweeping motion outwards across the face (the amount of pressure will vary from skin type and person, so start off with light pressure and work your way deeper as you progress).
- Pass over each area 10 times